my favourites

Posted on: Tuesday 13 November 2012

I thought I might let you in on a few of my favourite products to enter my makeup kit. Some of these have been sitting in here since the beginning, being replenished each time I run out. And some are brand new finds that I have begun a new love affair with, maybe they will last the test of time, maybe they won't, but for now- these are my stand out's.



Bobbi Brown Skin Mineral Foundation + Face Brush:

I adore this foundation, and use it on myself almost daily. It is perfect if you want a nice buildable sheer coverage, that is soft to the touch. I pair this with my concealer and use the kabuki brush for application, and I am ready to go. Bride's love it when they are after a very natural look, without appearing cakey or too 'made up'. 




Tarte Glamazon Lipstick in "Wild":

What an amazing punch of colour! This long wearing lipstick stays put for hours (Tarte claims over 12hrs, but I would say by then it is more a stain that a lipstick). It is creamy and hydrating which is a rare find in a longwear lipstick, and the colour is the perfect mid shade of red, suiting most skin tones. This one will be with me for years to come.


Nars Blush in "Luster":

My absolute favourite blush. I use this so regularly that I have hit pan on more palettes than I can recall. The photo does not show it too well, but it has the perfect shimmer for a blush, incorporating a small amount of gold and pink, with a base of bronze. It really is a go to for most skin tones. I find that I use this as a bronzer on very fair skinned brides, and as a blush on middle hued skin types, it is very natural and creates a perfect flush of colour. Nars blushes glide on with ease, and are long wearing.


Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in "More":

A gorgeous nude/terracotta shade perfect for the natural bride, this is definitely a must have in my kit. It is a hybrid between a gloss and a lipstick although with this shade I would say it tends to stray more into balm/lipstick territory as it is not high sheen. These pencils are very hydrating, and super easy to apply, I often recommend my clients buy them themselves for their wedding day for touch up's- the only down side I can think of is that they do tend to run out quicker than a lipstick. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spark & Brush All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger